Monday, January 8, 2007

What I Want to do I dont

Consider Romans 7 ESV

15 I do not understand my own actions. For I do not do what I want, but I do the very thing I hate. 16Now if I do what I do not want, I agree with the law, that it is good. 17 So now it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells within me. 18 For I know that nothing good dwells in me, that is, in my flesh. For I have the desire to do what is right, but not the ability to carry it out. 19 For I do not do the good I want, but the evil I do not want is what I keep on doing. 20 Now if I do what I do not want, it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells within me.

How harsh life can be, to know what you want to do, but be inexplicably unable to do it. This problem faces me almost daily. For instance, I know I should read the Bible, contemplate it's words and teachings, and pray for understanding and help. I know to do these things, I know how to do these things, but it remains that I consistently fail to do these things.

That is why faith in Jesus is so important. To rely on him is more than just an idea or a concept, it is something that needs to be practiced. It is not as though I am asking to lift a car off someone, all I need is to have time and necessity to read and pray. These are the key to understanding the rest of what needs to take place for me to have a true relationship with Christ. Fortunately, I think He has a plan for all this. He gives me trials until I have no other choice to seek him because I know He is the only thing that can relieve my pain.

And hopefully He'll give me the ability to write a blog that interests more people than just me.

God save you, if it is right that He should do so.
WiredForStereo

No comments: