Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Oklahoma Energy Video

Here is a great video I've found dealing with renewable energy. One of the featured guys is Mike Bergey of Bergey Windpower in Norman, OK. Also featured is a guy who works with biodiesel at a university.


Yes, I know they misspelled "Oklahoma."



They also have a natural gas guy, but as you know, natural gas is a limited resource fossil fuel, and therefore I believe should be left in the ground or done something with besides burnt. Fortunately for the time being, natural gas is a relatively clean resource, and makes for good emergency style power plants that are good to back up wind and solar installations. It is a dwindling resource with increasing cost and usage, and therefore, I cannot recommend it in a renewable fiscally minded home.

I wish there were more videos that featured presentations and Q&A sessions like this one, but I guess for now I'll have to settle for reading.

WiredForStereo

No comments: