Friday, October 24, 2008

I voted today.

Yep, sure did, voted for some Democrats, some Republicans, and a Green or two.

I recommend voting early, it's so easy, and very quick. It took us longer to find a place to park than it did to vote.

If the race were more contested in AR, I'd have asked for a paper ballot just to be thorough, but I used a touchscreen one instead.

The whole nation needs to switch to mail in ballots like Oregon. There is a paper trail for each ballot, and very little chance of machines messing it up, and the voter turnout is extraordinary. Plus, there is the added benefit of the race actually being over when polls close because the vast majority of the ballots will already have been counted. There is much less opportunity for cheating at the polling places, and much less opportunity for cheating all together. At least, that's my opinion.

WiredForStereo

No comments: