Friday, January 9, 2009

iPhone Crap Crap Crap Crap Crap Crap Crap!!!

Back in September, when we renewed our cell phone contract I splurged and got an iPhone for my birthday. It worked well for a while, but I realized right away that it was not of the legendary Apple quality. It was good for a phone, but crap for an Apple. It was $200 with a 2 year contract which I was hesitant about but ok with, especially considering that without a contract it costs $550.

The honeymoon is over.

I wanted a Tilt or a Palm, why didn't I think this through? Because I wanted wifi and something that would fit in my pocket which a Tilt won't do. So what is the first thing to go? No surprise there, the wifi quit working around Thanksgiving. So it's still in warranty, I decided to send it in to get it fixed. The people on the phone give me the runaround, do the reset, do the backup, do the other reset. So I do. Eventually I call them back and they decided to send me a box to send to them, but unfortunately while at my inlaws for Christmas I got a little water on the phone. It still worked, just fine, no problems, but the wifi still doesn't work.

So guess what automatically voids the warranty?

$#!+ $#!+ $#!+ $#!+ $#!+ $#!+ $#!+ $#!+ $#!+!!!!!!!

So, I'm stuck with a $550 phone with no warranty, three months into ownership with a two year contract. Can it be fixed? Nope. Won't be replaced either. My only option is when it breaks for good to switch back to my old tried and true RAZR whose battery lasts a freakin' week and wait a few more years for a new contract.

It's a sign. I'm a Windows man, Windows never cost me more than the purchase price. I like being able to buy a computer with parts each made by a different company for discount prices and be able to use whatever program or component I want.

The only apples I'll be buying in the future are the kind you can eat. Plus I have trees that give them away for free in the front yard.

I wish there were a competitor to iTunes.
WiredForStereo

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you back in town...?
Sorry about your iphone woes...
let's hang sometime soon... will you guys be there sunday night?

wilson

Solomon Parker said...

Dude, I regularly apprise you of my itinerary. Every time I wanna hang out, you don't wanna hang out. Every time you wanna do something, I'm out of town.